Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself . . My Name is . .

I'm fresh off of TnT Carnival . . .well, not that fresh I guess since it was a whole 2 months ago! But I have not yet recovered. . . fully. Only now am I getting over my inability to listen to any other music except Soca. Worst yet, I am already planning and working toward TnT Carnival 2008.Yes, it was THAT much fun for this TnT Carnival newbie. Thank goodness for fellow blogger SaucyDiva's Trinidad Carnival Diary to help me get through. I don't think I could have come down off that tabanca without you Saucy! Those who haven't been are not understanding!

So where do I begin? As I go along ,my posts will be more focused, I'm sure, but for now I'll start by sharing the random things that are on my mind at the moment . . .

>I am loving Michael Kors, Betsey Johnson, Isabella Fiore, Juicy Couture and Cynthia Rowley handbags right now. I have an addiction to designer purses and I'm currently shopping for a new piece to add to my collection. It has to be funky and edgy yet tailored and sophisticated. This is not just mere shopping, this is research, as a good designer bag can be a sizable investment that must be nurtured and cared for so that it will stand the test of time. Now, please believe, I have a 16yo, a 6yo and an almost 4yo, so there is no $3k, nor even $1500 bag in my horizon, as that would not be a smart money move (but oh the temptation)!. However, once I find that bag that I MUST have, I will seek out a bargain, whether it be eBay, etc., I will get what I want! And I am not above making a trip to Canal Street if the bag is truely unattainable for yours truely! The boy does not understand the need to spend hundreds of dollars on handbags so I had to break it down to him like this - You will spend $500 on a video game system that will severly depreciate when replaced by newer versions in a few years time/my bag, if well taken care of, will retain a large portion of it's value over time and may become a vintage item, thereby increasing it's value, therefore, my bag is a more reasonable expense than his game system - viola!


>I like to take walks on the spur of the moment. I'll get up from my desk to make a quick run to the junk store next door to my building and decide, as I hit the door out of the building, that I'm going to take a stroll around the nearby park; therefore, my uniform for summer will be platforms and wedges, or any shoe that is both comfy AND cute. There is nothing worse than your feet screaming in agony and begging for relief!

>I've got to buy a laptop ASAP! I can't be up at midnight on a regular basis updating this thing!

6 comments:

caisoqueen said...

Hi Fashion mom...it's me caisoqueen! Welcome to the world of blogging...isn't it fun? I don't update mine too often...usually I have to feel inspired or I love to share pics. Isnt the weather beautiful in DC? Yes...I share your love for handbags...but ultimate weakness is shoes...shoes and more shoes!

Natasha C said...

Welcome to the blogging world girl. It's great isn't it.
And yes Caisoqueen, the weather is fabulous! I've been wearing my cute carnival shoes all week (I bought them for the trip this year).

Sorry, but I don't share your love of bags or shoes. I prefer to spend my $$$ on vacations, my only true indulgence.

I'll bookmark your page.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys for checking out the blog. It is fun, but also dangerious, as I could ramble on about nothing and have enought to fill a book. Indeed, my love for designer goods is waning as the kids get older and my desire to vacation gets stronger.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fashion Mom,

Just checking out ya blog. Lookin' nice!!

JayJayGhatt said...

hey, dcfashion mom! Nice blog! Ditto the others' welcome to blog land, indeed. I will check in regularly. Write on, sista!

hey Caiso!

Carnival Jumbie said...

I'm Pisces too!! But that description was not quite right about me lol! Happy blogging!