Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today Was A Great Day!

Okay, so I wrote an entire posting, clicked to preview it . . . and . . . nothing! It was gone. No error message, no clicking the Back button to recover it, just gone, dissappeared, vanished! This fits right in with the rest of my day.


Let me begin by stating that I have been a bit stressed out lately because I can't seem to find my passion. My job/career as a Database Manager is not doing it for me spiritually. I aspire to be TOO MANY things to become great at ONE. In the past 3 years I have considered becoming a hair stylist, architect, lawyer, overseas aid worker in an impoverished country, eBay Powerseller, stay at home mom, etc. I began my college education with a focus on pharmacy, changed to international business, changed again to just business, changed again to accounting, took EMT training and Oracle Developer/DBA training, and eventually ended up at computer info. systems. I'm a smart cookie, can catch on quickly and usually excel at most things, however, after a while I tend to become very bored and loose my focus, which is where I am now. I am so unfocused currently that I totally forgot about my daughter's pre-school field trip today, and the fact that she needed a brown bag lunch, as she usually eats the school lunch. Today we were running late and her class was preparing to leave for the trip right as we were arriving. I had to run, as in physically, to CVS, buy a lunchable, of which they only had ham and swiss (I knew she wouldn't eat the swiss) and bologna and chedder (ewww). I settled for the bologna because I knew she would eat it, a rasberry Dasani, and a box of Fig Newtons that she could share. While running out of the store, I tripped on the cuff of my wide-legged black and white pin-striped pants and nearly broke my ass in the dag on CVS! At that point, the cuff of my right pants leg was torn and no longer a cuff, just a mess. I ran, physically, to get the lunchable back to the lil girly at school, and arrived just as her class was walking out of the back door to board the bus. After handing the CVS bag of random edible items that I had purchased to the girly's teacher as she was in-step, I headed back to CVS to purchase a sewing kit to fix the mess that I had made of my pants leg. That's when I remembered that the matches that I had received with the cigarettes I bought (I already know, I shouldn't smoke) were still in the bag that I gave to my 3 year old daughter's teacher. I was sure that the teacher would think I was insane (or on something) for packing a book of matches with my daughter's lunch after totally forgetting about her field trip. On top of that, I did not do any laundry over the weekend, for the second week in a row. The lil girly officially ran out of uniforms as of yesterday. Her dad had given her a bagel topped with jelly for breakfast and she was very successful at getting jelly all over her uniform, calling for a quick change into her last clean uniform before heading out of the door. But, because I can't seem to focus on ANYTHING, I forgot to do the laundry so that clean uniforms would be ready for this morning. So, the dad dressed her this morning in a burgundy/pink/etc striped long sleeve cotton shirt w/ cargo jeans that have pockets trimmed in white cotton eyelet - imagine my horror at seeing this ensemble as we are headed out the door 30 minutes behind schedule with no time for a mommy-fashion-fix. Oh well!

Later on that day, I walked about 20 blocks to a client site (it was a nice day and I didn't feel like getting into a stale taxi) only to arrive and be informed that the person I needed to see was in the middle of a luncheon on behalf of secretary day and was not able to tear herself away from the lunch gathering to see me for the 15 minutes of total time that I would have needed her for. Therefore, I could not complete the task that I had gone there to do and so I just said what the hell and hiked it the 20 blocks back to my office. On the upside, I stopped into Filene's Basement on the way back and purchased a pair of much needed Michael Kors sunglasses (the sunglasses were needed, the Michael Kors was a bonus) that I really like for very cheap. For some reason I have been feeling Michael Kors lately.

Me and the girly commute home via Metro every day. Imagine how that striped shirt/cargo jean ensemble looked after the end my my girly's 8 hr day. Let's just say she played very hard today, lol! The girly is very outgoing, typically engaging several fellow Metro riders in conversation during our commute home while mommy is tired, not in a social mood and mainly trying to stay incognegro on the ride home. Today, she feels like singing. She belted out a loud, echoey, The Ants Go Marching One by One and other tunes during our entire trip. When we finally arrive at our destination, daddy had not yet arrived. We then spent the entire 25 minutes waiting for him with her wailing loudly because I made her sit absolutely still after she got very sassy with me for stopping her from eating a daffodil, and me ignoring the crying because she well deserved the rump tapping that she received for her behaviour!


When I finally get around to the business of the laundry at 10 PM, guess what, no more detergent, lol!


I have GOT to get my head in the game!


Yep, Today was a GREAT Day! Gotta Lov it.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh God girl you just had me cracking up with that one. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that have days like these.

I won't mention the number of times that I've forgotten to see if my daughter has clean uniforms only to find none, having to resort to febreeing the one that used the day before. Or the many days that I drop her off only to tell her to run into the building so that I can pull off doing 80 miles an hour blowing my horn for the kids to GET OUT OF MY WAY because my train into the city coming in 2 minutes and I am still 5 minutes away and the next one not coming for another 45 minutes. lololol

Yes the joys of being SUPERWOMEN!!

I'll make sure to check in on you, thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

The dad went and bought detergent and put in a load for this AM. Thank goodness because the girly also decides to scale the armoire drawers in her room and brings the entire thing toppling down on her. Thank goodness she was okay, as the drawers stopped it from slamming right into her, she fell into the gap that they created between the unit and the floor. However, all the clothes and stuff that fell out are still scattered all over the floor! LOL

JayJayGhatt said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading that! LOL! funny post.

may i suggest ridilin or prozac for ya focus issues? all the surburbia moms are on it, dontcha know?? didn't you see that episode of Desperate Housewives? hahahaha!

Wifey/Mom/Fashionista/Poet said...

JJ, you're exhausted, how you think I feel when the day was done! I think at one point I shed a tear just at the shear exasperation of it all, and then laughed at it. Also, I think aunt flow is visiting soon so I'm extra emotional right now.

Anonymous said...

Comical!!!
At least you got some cardio and shopping in.

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

The mommy stories again :D

Your daughter is absolutely a cutie.. I think I am going to play match maker and try and hook her up with one of JJ's sons when they get older LOL.

The recount of your day makes me feel so overwhelmed!!

Unknown said...

Girl i thought i was the only one that had days like these lol, My three year old kicks my butt something fierce. lol Hang in there things can only get better is the way i look at it.