Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Making Up for Lost Time and Random Shit

It's been a while since I have posted anything, and I seem to be making up for lost time as I have posted about 5 poems already tonight. I got kind of excited and nostalgic reading my older stuff and wondering what in the hell must have been on my mind at those times, lol. Mostly, my poems, essays, rantings, etc are a personal vehicle for expression that I don't share with most people, and now I'm putting them out in cyberspace for the world to discover . . gotta love the internet! Those who know me well are well aware of my passion for writing. Those who are just familiar with me probably have no idea. And God help those who are acquainted with my goofy side, cause it is sooooo goofy! Speaking of the different sides of my personality, I invite everyone reading this blog to share a part of their personality that only the closest of close friends and family are familiar with.

The following are a few snippets about me that might seem surprising to some . . .
  1. I LOVE sci-fi , The Stargates (SG-1 and Atlantis) are my fave shows and I always check out the science and technology sections of the news (papers and websites)before anything else
  2. I MUST go skydiving and hanggliding before I leave this earth
  3. I am fascinated with history, all the way from ancient egypt to Gretta Garbo. Also, when I am intrigued by something, I reasearch it to learn everything about it that I can. For instance, in the movie National Treasure they talk about the Free Masons, I totally reasearched the entire history, fact and myth, regarding Free Mason's because I wanted to learn more,
  4. I do not like formal wear (i.e. evening gowns and the like) it is too fussy, I'd rather rock a short spunky sequin cocktail dress wth leggings and spike-heeled boots. If I ever get married it will not in any way be traditional. My bridesmaids will wear something that represents them as individuals (like if you're a dress person then you'd do the formal thing but you may be standing next to a jeans person rockin the Rock and Republic) and my dress will be so unconventional, but still white because I just like the color!
  5. It takes a lot to make me mad, my fave expression is 'whateva', as in 'life is short so, whateva, no worries'
  6. My favorite thing to do is laugh
  7. I would love to be a humanitarian aide worker in a third world country to really make a difference in the world. Making a difference in just one person's life and working for the cause of life is more valuable than any possesion. Hopefully I will raise children who will also value goodwill, that would be the greatest contribution I could make, to multiply into 3 what began as one (I have 3 kids).

No comments: