Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Poet Mode: Tears

My Tears are falling like Niagara Falls
Raining down to my chin like a thunderstorm, lightening and all
Deep thought is a mallet pounding into my head turning my eyes, ears, nose and chin a flaming red with fiery
And like Niagara Falls, this natural evolutionary expression of my rage can not be contained by human hands or words
Because at this point, there is no point

I can’t believe it has progressed to this

As hard as I try to suppress this fluid energy, they flow with triple the force and determination
No tissue or napkin or shirt cuff can conceal my emotions
They are written all over my face, painted with a salt tipped pen from the inside out
My feelings have been turned upside down for the world to see
And what do I do now
Smile
Wipe my eyes, pretend like I’m ok
Like puffy eyes, red and tear stained cheeks are normal, maybe even trendy in 2005

As much as I try to calm my face in cold water, the swelling of my most inner fears show through my glazed over, red tinged eyes
The eyes tell it all you know
And right now I wish that the people rubbing my back and saying ‘baby, what’s the matter’ could hear them yelling LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE BEFORE I START CRYING . . . AGAIN

6/27/2005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last line: To me people dont seem to understand that giving condolences at times make the pain more real.
But on the other hand then what do we do?

Entire piece: To hide emotions and not voice them is painful / to vioce them and not be heard is eminent suffering